One person's clunky piece of bric-a-brac that's doing nothing more than cluttering an upstairs closet is another person's treasure.
That's what makes garage, rummage and yard sales so great: Sellers unload junk that has outlived its usefulness, and buyers find unusual gems they didn't know they wanted.
Patch wants to bring the two together by listing garage sales around Frankfort. Let us be that small sign you hang up at the larger intersections in town (except you don't have to take us down when your sale is over).
Give people an address they don't have to circle back around the block to get correct, and let them know what's available before they show up and leave disappointed.
Upcoming Garage Sales
: This sale will help raise money for Feed My Starving Children and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Items were donated by a variety of families. Lemonade and snacks also will be on sale. It's from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, July 12, at 21777 Blue Bird Lane.
: Just down U.S. Route 30 in New Lenox, this sale by the Boobie Bra-Gade is to help raise money to fight breast cancer. It's from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday, July 12, and Friday, July 13, at 2325 Bluestone Bay Drive in New Lenox.
: This sale is next week, but you can still plan ahead. Furniture, tools, books and gift items will be on sale. There will be no baby items or clothes, however. It's from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, July 21, and Sunday, July 22, at 20104 S. Pine Hill Road.
List Your Garage Sale For Free
- Log into Patch. In the upper right corner, there should be a link that says "Log In." If you don't have an account yet, click "Join."
- Once you're signed in, go to the Events tab (to the right of News).
- On the right side of the page, click the button that says "Add an Event."
- Fill out all the required fields, add photos and let people know some of the items available. Make sure to check the "Garage Sales" category.
Two Ways to Stay Connected to Frankfort Patch:
- Subscribe to our newsletters to have headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- "Like" our Facebook page for updates throughout the day.