One person's clunky piece of bric-a-brac that's doing nothing more than cluttering an upstairs closet is another person's treasure.
That's what makes garage, rummage and yard sales so great: Sellers unload junk that has outlived its usefulness, and buyers find unusual gems they didn't know they wanted.
Patch wants to bring the two together by listing garage sales around Frankfort. Let us be that small sign you hang up at the larger intersections in town (except you don't have to take us down when your sale is over).
Give people an address they don't have to circle back around the block to get correct, and let them know what's available before they show up and leave disappointed.
Upcoming Garage Sales
: Furniture, tools, electronics, girls clothes, toys, American Girl doll clothes, household items, geriatric items and more will be available. The sale is from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday, July 19, to Saturday, July 21 at 22098 Oakton Ave.
: Toys, clothes, furniture, tools and more will be available at this sale at the Mokena self-storage facility. The sale is from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, July 20, to Sunday, July 21, at 8531 W 191st St. in Mokena.
: Furniture, tools, books and gift items will be on sale. There will be no baby items or clothes, however. It's from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, July 21, and Sunday, July 22, at 20104 S. Pine Hill Road.
: This sale won't be until August, but the studio is looking for items to sell to help raise money for its art school scholarships and gallery. Items to be donated include: art, gently used or new art supplies, picture frames, books, collectibles, vintage clothing and more. Items can be dropped off in August during regular gallery hours or by appointment. Monkey Mind also is looking for volunteers to help label, price, sort and sell. The sale will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, Aug. 17, and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 18, at the gallery.
List Your Garage Sale For Free
- Log into Patch. In the upper right corner, there should be a link that says "Log In." If you don't have an account yet, click "Join."
- Once you're signed in, go to the Events tab (to the right of News).
- On the right side of the page, click the button that says "Add an Event."
- Fill out all the required fields, add photos and let people know some of the items available. Make sure to check the "Garage Sales" category.
Two Ways to Stay Connected to Frankfort Patch:
- Subscribe to our newsletters to have headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- "Like" our Facebook page for updates throughout the day.