Patch isn’t just the place for high school football scores and game recaps. It’s the premiere place for YOU to talk about the teams you love.
Post results. Share photos. Blog about a team. Don’t just read the news; be a part of it!
In this page, we’ll keep you updated on the latest scores and the upcoming schedule for your Lincoln-Way North Phoenix. But you can help out.
Share Sports News
- Share photos: Did you get a great photo or video of the last game? Click the “upload” button underneath our current gallery to add your photos.
- Post results: Comment below with the latest scores, or just give your team a shout-out!
- Blog: Are you a super-fan who makes it to every game? Or did you just attend one and want to write about it? Then share your news and photos in our Local Voices section to get your team’s results featured on our home page.
Week 1: L-W Central 28, L-W North 27—The Knights won an overtime thriller against district rival Lincoln-Way North, 28-27. According to Sun-Times Media, Central back Kyle Waytek ran for 153 yards and three touchdowns, including the winner in OT. North had a chance to extend the game with an extra point, but instead opted to go for the win with a 2-point conversion that failed.
Week 2: L-W North 55, Hillcrest 20—The Phoenix handled Hillcrest easily with a 55-20 win. Lincoln-Way North scored first, but Hillcrest came back with a quick 6 points. Watch a replay of the game on Patch.
Week 3: L-W North 57, Thornwood 13—The Phoenix offense again dominated en route to an easy victory.
Week 4: Thornton 49, L-W North 42—According to the Chicago Tribune, Lincoln-Way North junior Julian Hylton carried 21 times for 171 yards and scored six touchdowns, including a game-tying TD with about 3 minutes left. Thornton was one touchdown better, though. Read more about the game on the Tribune's website.
Week 5: L-W West 16, L-W North 13—The Warriors capitalized on two costly Phoenix mistakes—a bad snap and a blocked punt—to oulast L-W North. Read the full Sun-Times Media story for more details.
Week 6: L-W North 28, Bradley-Bourbonnais 21—The Phoenix won against the Boilermakers by seven points.
Week 7: L-W North 42, Thornridge 6—The Phoenix won against the Falcons by 36 points.
Week 8: L-W North 37, Andrew 20—Football Photo Galley: L-W North Runs By Andrew
All games at 7 p.m. Fridays unless otherwise noted. Check back each week for updated results, records and links to game coverage and scores from around the area. Scores and results courtesy of IHSA.org.
Aug. 24 (7:30 p.m. start)A
L, 28-27 (OT)
Hillcrest (Country Club Hills)
Thornwood (South Holland)
Week 3Sept. 15 (1:30 p.m. Saturday game) A Thornton (Harvey)
L, 49-42 2-2 (1-1) Week 4
Sept. 21 (7:30 p.m. start)A
- Coach: George Czart
- 2011 record: 5-4
- 2012 season preview: Leadership Key as L-W North's Football Tries to Bounce Back from Last Season
- Conference standings: See updated conference standings on IHSA.org.
Get news alerts and Facebook updates from these Lincoln-Way Patch sites: