students return to school today to take the next steps in their education. That's something the head of the district is still familiar with on a personal level.
Supt. Tom Hurlburt earned his Doctorate of Education from Aurora University on Aug. 1, adding another degree to his resumé. Hurlburt's doctoral dissertation was titled “An Exploration of Teachers’ Perceptions of the Change Process for School Improvement in Four High Schools in the State of Illinois.”
“I feel that it is imperative that a superintendent attain a Doctorate in Education degree," Hurlburt stated in a district press release. "I’m pleased that by earning it, my children and all children can see that anything is possible with hard
work and dedication.”
Hurlburt's other academic degrees include:
- Master of Social Work degree from the University of Illinois at Chicago
- master's degree in Educational Administration from Governors State University.
- bachelor's degree in Social Work from Lewis University.
Hurlburt has been superintendent for D157-C since July 2009. Before that, he was superintendent for Brookfield LaGrange Park School District 95.
“The board could not be more proud of Dr. Hurlburt’s commitment to our district and community and we are extremely proud of his achievements,” D157-C Board President Brian Klene said in a press release.
Two Ways to Stay Connected to Frankfort Patch:
- Subscribe to our newsletters to have headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- "Like" our Facebook page for updates throughout the day.