will have a new assistant principal when the school year begins in August. The board of education for approved the hiring of Sean Rhoads at its Monday, June 11, board meeting.
“Sean has an extensive background in special education and middle school," Hickory Creek Principal Kevin Suchinski said in a district press release, “Sean has an extensive background in special education and middle school. During his career he has coordinated a special education program and served as interim assistant principal. ... The teacher committee highly recommended him for the position and felt he was the best fit for Hickory Creek Middle School.”
Rhoads takes over for Nikki Beck, who announced her resignation in September, effective at the end of the 2011-12.
“It was evident throughout a thorough interviewing process that Sean possesses a diversity of experience and knowledge," district Superintendent Tom Hurlburt said in a press release, “It was evident throughout a thorough interviewing process that Sean possesses a diversity of experience and knowledge. He is well equipped to take the next step into administration.”
Here's a look at Rhoads' educational background:
- Taught for 12 years in Downers Grove School District 58, where he was the teacher/coordinator for its Developmental Learning Program focused on the district's middle school students in the district. He also was a track and basketball coach.
- Taught in North DuPage Special Education District.
- He has a master's degree in Educational Leadership from Northern Illinois University and a bachelor's degree from Illinois State University.
Two Ways to Stay Connected to Frankfort Patch:
- Subscribe to our newsletters to have headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- "Like" our Facebook page for updates throughout the day.