Believe it or not, the first day of school is right around the corner. And there's more than just showing up when classes start. Here's a list of some important dates for students attending the schools in , which includes , and .
First Day of School
Tuesday, Aug. 21
New Student Orientation
Wednesday, Aug. 15
These sessions are for any first-time students or students new to the school or district. The entire family is welcome.
- Grand Prairie: 10:45 to 11:45 a.m.
- Chelsea: 8:15 to 9:15 a.m.
- Hickory Creek: 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
Meet and Greets
Monday, Aug. 20
This is an open house of sorts for students and parents.
- Grand Prairie: 1:45 to 3:15 p.m.
- Chelsea: 1:15 to 2:45 p.m.
- Hickory Creek: 12:45 to 2:15 p.m.
For more dates, go to D157-C's district calendar.
Check out Frankfort Patch's Back to School section for stories about returning to school all this month.
Two Ways to Stay Connected to Frankfort Patch:
- Subscribe to our newsletters to have headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- "Like" our Facebook page for updates throughout the day.
Pick the Best of the Best in Frankfort With Our Readers' Choice Awards: