State regulations nix cultivation centers within village limits, but several locations are eligible for a dispensary. Any distribution centers in Frankfort would be limited to property zoned as industrial—specifically areas on Laraway Road.
Revisions to the Village's zoning ordinance include:
- Dispensaries cannot operate in multi-tenant buildings.
- Facilities cannot be within 2,500 feet of public parks and places of worship. Under state law, cultivation centers were already not allowed within 2,500 feet of pre-existing schools, day care centers, or day care home/group care centers.
- No dispensaries within 1,000 feet of any area zoned or utilized for residential use.
- No drive-thru services at dispensaries.
- Limit the area of accessory retail sales (other than cannabis) in dispensaries.