A small natural gas leak was discovered and repaired about noon on Friday, Sept. 21, in the vicinity of LaGrange Road and Colorado Avenue in Frankfort.
"Landscapers working at the Bank of America noticed the smell of natural gas about 11:30 a.m.," said Mokena Fire Chief Howard Stephens. The area is in the Mokena Fire Protection District.
"Nicor was notified and utility workers found a leak in a small line and repaired the problem," said Stephens. "It didn't involve gas main or anything major."
There were no injuries, Stephens said.