Snow is on the ground and the chill is back in the air, so come to downtown Frankfort for our Midwinter Warm Up February 9-10, 2013. 15 of our stores will be offering their individual variations of an indoor sidewalk sale, from a "Be His Valentine" promotion at Bijoux Bridal to a tasting of Rabbit Creek breads and dips at Cottage Creations to a huge winter clearance at This & That Gifts with refreshments while you shop. Take advantage of great prices on beautiful winter merchandise, find your turnabout or prom dress at Fiancee Couture or pick up a little something for your valentine while you're out and about.
For more details and store promos, check out our Events tab on Facebook (Shop Historic Frankfort) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Participating retailers include:
* Fiancee Couture (25% off in stock prom dresses)
* My Sister's & Me
* Eclectic Attic (15% off all furniture, 20% off all jewelry)
* Kernel Sweetooth (specials on sweet treats for your valentine)
* This & That Gifts (winter clearance, plus hot red wine and appetizers while you shop)
* Briosa Boutique
* Maddie Maks
* The Paper Spot (75% off all Christmas, open Saturday only)
* Fringe Boutique
* Lil' Surprises
* Chew on This Dog Barkery (Red and Pink Sale)
* Glory Bee
* Bijoux Bridal (Be His Valentine Red, White & Pink Sale)
* Frankfort General Store
* Cottage Creations (Rabbit Creek breads and dips tastings)
But we've got more than shopping going on downtown. From live music to crocheting classes to the Winter on the Green Chili Cook Off, we've got plans. Do you?
* Down Home Guitars hosts Steve Kaufman for flatpicking workshops, Feb. 7-10, call 815-469-6321 for information.
* Steve Kaufman & Don Stiernberg in concert at Down Home Guitars, Feb. 9 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets, $15.
* Eric Lambert Plays the Blues at Smokey Barque, Feb. 9 at 8 p.m.
* Stray Bar hosts Bob Blider on Feb. 8 at 8 p.m. and Mr. & Mrs. "O" on Feb. 9 at 8 p.m.
* SidsGraphs brings Notre Dame All American Ross Browner to their Trolley Barn store on Feb. 9 from 1-2 p.m. Call 815-464-7437 for pricing and more info.
* Yarns to Dye For & More offers new sessions of knitting and crocheting classes beginning Feb. 9 and 10. Visit www.yarnstodye4.com for the class schedule.
* Kidswork Children's Museum is open all weekend, Saturday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
* Winter on the Green Chili Cook Off, Sunday, Feb. 10, 1-3 p.m. on Breidert Green. Free tasting, hot cocoa & bonfire hosted by the Frankfort Chamber of Commerce with the Village of Frankfort.
www.frankfortchamber.com or www.vofil.com.
* Stop in for a hot cup of tea or soup at Pickwick Society Tearoom, Frankfort Meats & Deli or Kup a Joe Cafe while you're out and about.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something