Each week, Frankfort Patch is filled with tons of stories about what's going on in the village, and sometimes it's hard to read them all with a busy schedule of work and family.
Catch up on what you missed with this quick roundup of what went down around town last week. Or check out our archive for a day-by-day look at the news.
Top Headlines of the Week
- A teen was struck by a car and killed Thursday evening while running through the forest preserves.
- Board member Christopher McFadden says new budget puts too much financial burden on Frankfort homeowners.
- Congressman Dan Lipinski and 22 elected officials send letter to Metra opposing cuts in weekday and weekend trains to southwest suburbs.
- Frankfort officers arrest two Hammond men after a security guard at finds burglary tools at the dealership, official says.
- The Joliet American Legion Band performed a selection of patriotic music at the anniversary event held at .
People of the Week
- : The senior walks us through the New York City premiere of his new movie, Contagion.
- : The new director of talks about running the school she's come to love over the past four years.
- : This Hickory Creek Middle School music teacher tells how a 2009 trip to the Frankfort Country Market add another member to her family--a foreign exhcange student.
- : Our Athlete of the Week is a Lincoln-Way North senior swimmer who also enjoys the stage.
- : The Frankfort comedian, who also books comedy acts at , discusses the possibilities of his weekly radio show on WJOL-AM.
Sports Stories of the Week
- Lincoln-Way East 38, 21: Griffins QB Blake Winkler and receiver J.J. Robertson burn the Vikings, who hurt their own cause with five turnovers.
- The Towns brothers led Thornton to a 20-7 victory over Lincoln-Way North on Friday night, dropping the Phoenix to 2-2.
- Plan allows for six medal winners in all three classes of competition beginning in 2012.
- 2, Lincoln-Way North 0: The Phoenix had some scoring chances late but couldn't rally against the visiting Tigers in Monday's non-conference soccer match.
- Tom Rotondi and Mark Pedziwiatr lead the way for the Griffins in boys cross-country.
School Story of the Week
A program at based on the short life of one of the victim's of the Columbine shootings offers a message of compassion and caring.
Pet of the Week
This 2-year-old golden retriever-boxer mix is new to the - shelter, but she would love to have new owners instead.
David Greco of uses his passion for martial arts to challenge his customers to be their best.
This week, our taster tried chicken tenders from three area restaurants, including Frankfort's . Tell us in the comments what foods you'd like us to taste in future challenges.
News From Patch
- Let's celebrate the Bears Week 1 victory with pictures of your little ones in their Bears outfits.
- These residents will write about youth football, health and amateur wrestling.
PLEASE VISIT the listings for Phillips Chevrolet, NAWS, K9 Tailshakers, Midwest Academy of United Martial Arts, OMG It's Gluten Free Cafe, CD & ME, Chelsea Intermediate School, Lincoln-Way East High School and Lincoln-Way North High School in the Patch Places directory.