Each week, Frankfort Patch is filled with tons of stories about what's going on in the village, and sometimes it's hard to read them all with a busy schedule of work and family.
Catch up on what you missed with this quick roundup of what went down around town last week. Or check out our archive for a day-by-day look at the news.
Patrick Mizwicki Coverage
- Hundreds of mourners turn out Tuesday for the funeral of Patrick Mizwicki, the New Lenox teen killed after being hit by a car during cross-country practice.
- A group of classmates gathered near the Cook County forest preserve where Mizwicki died to memorialize the teen.
- Members chose to run the Richard Spring Invitational in Peoria together so they could start and finish as one in memory of their teammate.
Top Headlines of the Week
- officials agreed to pursue a referendum that would allow voters to decide if they wanted the village to negotiate electric rates for them.
- Will County Sheriff's Office releases sketch of suspect who ripped off 73-year-old resident.
- Despite a tough financial year, the receives 'a real solid report,' with assets exceeding liabilities.
- The pizza chain plans to open its carryout and delivery restaurant in Frankfort Crossings shopping center in November.
- Curious about the number of crimes reported in Frankfort in 2010? We've got the FBI tally.
People of the Week
- : The co-executive directors of the Illinois Philharmonic Orchestra talk about their unique job-sharing situation.
- : Longtime Frankfort resident and pom mom enjoys cheering on her daughter and friends at football games.
- : The Chicago writer, who visited the on Monday, revealed the five things he learned about serial killers from researching two early 20th-century murderers for his new book.
- : The freshman golfer was our Athlete of the Week thanks to her impressive play on the links.
- : The Frankfort man was arrested after wielding a knife and a crossbow in a Joliet bar fight over shirt-swapping.
Sports Stories of the Week
- Lincoln-Way East 31, 7: The Griffins celebrate homecoming with their 10th win over the Eagles in 12 meetings between the neighborhood rivals.
- Lincoln-Way North 7, 3: Phoenix capitalize on one of five Warriors turnovers for game's only TD, hold on for Homecoming victory.
- Some standouts have played on both sides during the first 10 years of the Lincoln-Way East vs. Sandburg football series. Remember Terry Kowalski? How about Mike Cholipski?
- Lincoln-Way West 1, Lincoln-Way East 0: The Warriors blanked the Griffins on Thursday night for the first boys soccer victory against a Lincoln-Way school in program history.
- Lincoln-Way East senior defensive lineman Matt Solner might not provide the glitz, but is making big hits for the Griffins this season.
School Stories of the Week
- Marching bands, cheerleaders and even Frankfort Mayor Jim Holland participated in the procession.
- We asked the cheerleading squads from each school to perform their crowd-pleasing routines in anticipation for Friday's battle between the two undefeated teams.
Pet of the Week
Don't let the name fool you: This lab-coonhound mix from and is no Wookiee, but he would make an excellent pet.
Started by resident Don Bragiel, focuses on team-building strategies. And having fun, too.
Our taster tried this staple salad at three area restaurants, including in Frankfort.
News From Patch
Sharon Kenzinger Carr can answer your questions about all the options for advertising on Patch, including local deals.
PLEASE VISIT the listings for Panera Bread, NAWS, K9 Tailshakers, Stratagem Laser Missions, Frankfort Public Library, Lincoln-Way East High School and Lincoln-Way North High School in the Patch Places directory.