The Will County Board held its monthly meeting on January 17, 2013. Here are the highlights from that meeting:
- Recognized Beverly Richardson for her nearly 50 years of service with Will County. Beverly started as a legal secretary in the States Attorney’s office and completed her service as a Bailiff in one of the toughest criminal courtrooms in Will County. Beverly will be missed by all.
- Approved a resolution honoring the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King and his legacy.
- The Board approved two special use permits for Wheatland and Crete Townships.
- Approved several resolutions that came out of the Finance Committee. One such Resolution appropriated US Department of Homeland Security Grant Funds ($787,000) in the Sheriff’s Budget. The funds will be used to purchase a new Tactical Intervention (SWAT) vehicle at a cost of $675,000 and Tactical Ballistic Personal Vests at a cost of $112,000.
- Approved several resolutions appropriating funds road projects in Will County. The money for said appropriations came out of the RTA tax fund.
- Approved a Resolution for Joint Agreement Between the Village of Bolingbrook and the County of Will for the US Department of Housing Urban Development Community Development Block Grant and Home Investment Partnership Grant Programs.
The next meeting of the Will County Board will be February 21, 2013 at 9:30 a.m. at the Will County Building, 302 N. Chicago Street, Joliet, Illinois. The public is always welcome to attend!