Because Christmas falls on a Sunday this year, today is the observed Christmas holiday for government offices and most businesses. This means Monday might not necessarily be business as usual.
Check our list before you head out on your errands.
- Government offices, including those for , and park districts, and Will County.
- Lincoln-Way, Summit Hill and Frankfort school districts.
- Bank lobbies and drive-ups, except for , which will have regular Monday hours.
- , which is usually closed Mondays, will be open from 4 to 9 p.m.
- , which also is usually closed Mondays, will be open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Big-box stores, such as , and grocery stores, such as and , will be open regular hours.
- Chain restaurants, such as , will be open regular hours.
- Coffee joints, such as , will be open regular hours.
- Malls will be open.
- Metra will follow its Sunday/holiday schedule.*
What You Should Check
Call ahead before you visit locally owned stores or restaurants. Some, like , will be closed. Others, like , and , will be open regular hours.
*Note about Metra: The regular Saturday schedule will be in effect Dec. 31, with the exception of trains departing after midnight on that day. Trains will be held at the downtown terminals until 1:15 a.m. to accommodate passengers attending New Years Eve events in downtown Chicago.