There may not be snow on the ground, but the holidays are here, nonetheless.
Frankfort is home to a host of holiday events in the coming week. Check out these upcoming opportunities for seasonal fun:
Frankfort Tree Lighting Ceremony
- When: 6:30-7:30 p.m., Dec. 6
- Where: Breidert Green
- What: The annual ceremony will include music, refreshments and a visit from Santa.
- When: 5-10 p.m., Dec. 7
- Where: Frankfort Historical Museum
- What: Explore historic downtown Frankfort and enjoy beautifully decorated homes throughout the community at this annual event.
Frankfort Township Lunch With Santa
- When: 11:30 a.m., Dec. 8
- Where: Frankfort Township Municipal Complex
- What: Children ages 8 and under are welcome to have lunch with the man himself, Santa Claus. Santa's elves will also attend and there will be lots of Christmas music. For information about reservations, call (815) 469-4907.
- When: 5-6:30 p.m., Dec. 8
- Where: International Community Church
- What: Enjoy a Bethlehem marketplace and dramatic presentation of the nativity.
Christkindl and Cookie Walk Weekend
- When: 12-4 p.m., Dec. 8-9
- Where:The Trolley Barn
- What: Celebrate Frankfort's German heritage with this festival in historic downtown Frankfort. St. Nicholas, a staple of Christmas in Germany, will attend a breakfast in his honor on Saturday morning and will pass out sweets to good children throughout the weekend. Christkindl will also include a lantern parade, cookie walk and many other activities.
Did we miss an event? Add other holiday celebrations happening this weekend in the comments!
Get news alerts and Facebook updates from these Lincoln-Way Patch sites:
- New Lenox newsletter and New Lenox Patch Facebook