By Amanda Luevano
Forty nine Frankfort residents braved 26.2 miles on Sunday to complete the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon.
A record 39,115 runners cross the sun-splashed finish line in Grant Park, according to marathon officials.
Kenyan runner Dennis Kimetto won the marathon, setting a course record of 02:03:45—53 seconds faster than last year's winning time. Winning on the women's side was Kenyan Rita Jeptoo, who finished in 02:19:15, the fastest women's marathon time in the world this year.
“It was an incredible day at the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon—one where the results from the course reflected the hard work and determination that was put in by the staff, the volunteers and our City of Chicago partners to make the event possible,” said Executive Race Director Carey Pinkowski in a statement.
The top male finisher from Frankfort was Julian Lagunas, who finished in 3:11:36. The top female finisher from Frankfort was Kate Fingello, who clocked in at 03:35:31.
Get the full list of Frankfort finishers here. And check out these other stories from Frankfort Patch:
- Woman Claiming 'Crocodile' Ravaged Her Body Speaks
- Joliet Women Claiming to be 1st ‘crocodile’ Drug Victims Go Public
- Providence Playoff Hopes Alive After Dropping Fenwick
- Cops Probed Psych Ward Shower Sex Story, Found No Crime: Spokeswoman
- Drunken Nighttime Visit Sprung From Innocent Intention: Weird Crimes