The County Board approved the following items of business:
1. Issued a Temporary Use Permit for Horse Shows to Scottie Munoz located on North Gougar Road in New Lenox Township for various dates(six) during the summer months with sales of food and alcohol. These shows have been going on for several years.
2. Approved Mutual Aid Agreements for Emergency Management Assistance with the State of Illinois, various Counties and Municipalities to aid each other in the event of a disaster.
3. Approved Change of Access on Laraway Road for Majestic Pines Subdivision in Frankfort from right-in, right-out to full access.
4. Approved Justice Assistance Grant Funds in the amout of $12,000 for Administrative Adjudication Software and $20,000 for Video Equipment in Sheriff's squad cars.
5. Approved appropriation of $251,000 Capital Improvement Grant as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 for Machinery, Equipment and Contingency for the Will County Health Dept.
FOREST PRESERVE BOARD MEETING FOR MAY
1. The Forest Preserve Board awarded a contract to Ameren Energy to supply the Districts Electrical Energy supply for the next year. It is estimated to save the District $18,000 or 41% of energy costs.