What Seats Are Open on Governing Boards in Frankfort?
Candidates have until Dec. 26 to turn in their petitions if they want to be on the April 9 ballot.
Candidates wanting to run in the April 2013 election for office in Frankfort have from Dec. 17-26 to file their petitions for open seats on municipal and school boards along with the park district, library and township.
The original deadline was Monday, Dec. 24. However, it was changed because many clerk's offices throughout the state are closed or open with limited hours because it's Christmas Eve.
Here's a list of elected positions open:
- The Village of Frankfort will be electing a village president, clerk and three trustee positions. These are four-year terms.
- Frankfort Township will be electing a township supervisor, clerk, highway commissioner, collector, assessor and four trustees. All of these positions are for four-year terms.
- Frankfort School District 157-C has three seats open for four-year terms.
- Summit Hill School District 161 will be voting to fill four school board seats, each of which has a four-year term.
- Lincoln-Way High School District 210 has three open seats for four-year terms.
- Frankfort Public Library District has four open seats for four-year terms.
- Frankfort Park District has four seats open for four-year terms.
Get news alerts and Facebook updates from these Lincoln-Way Patch sites: