Vote for Frankfort Patch's 2012 Person of the Year
Voting continues through Dec. 30.
Who deserves to be recognized as Frankfort Patch's Person of the Year?
During the past week, readers have submitted names of folks they feel deserve the honor. We received five nominations. Below, you'll find answers to two questions about each nominee from those who nominated them. We did not change the answers at all. What was submitted to us is what you see.
Vote by selecting a person on the attached poll above. And, while you're at it, leave a few thoughts in the comment section about why he or she received your vote. You must be logged into the site to vote and comment.
We will accept votes until the end of the day on Dec. 30. Whomever receives the most votes is Frankfort Patch's Person of the Year and will have a story written about his or her efforts.
This story is one way for us to highlight all the great work going on in Frankfort. The other four people should be commended for their giving spirits as well. The person selected isn't receiving an award or gift certificate or anything to that nature—just a little recognition.
Here are the questions:
- Why should he or she be our Person of the Year?
- What affiliations does this person have (groups, boards, businesses, etc.)?
- Reducing assements and educating the public concerning his job.
- Frankfort Township
- Her countless hours volunteering for several organizations.
- 161 Summit Hill Board member, Lions Club member, Kiwanis member, Lincoln-Way North band parent
- Teacher at Lincoln-Way North, Sponsors the Key Club. Key Club has grown from four students to almost 200 since North opened. This Matt Jordan has been part of all kinds of community service projects in the area, and worked with numerous students. He has gone above and beyond his sponsored position.
- Key Club International
- Her commitment and professionalism to the students, families and staff of Summit Hill Junior High School. She works as the school counselor.
- Summit Hill Junior High, School District 161.
- My nomination is Leanne Bender. She is my niece and she has been with the Frankfort Police Department for quite a few years now. She takes care of the Halloween Walk for all the kids. She does so many activities with the Frankfort youth. I'm so proud of her and to have her as a niece. She does so much for the community.
- Frankfort Police Department
Get news alerts and Facebook updates from these Lincoln-Way Patch sites: