1. Bloom (13-0): Bloom’s stars came out at the McDipper in a show of firepower and depth. Donald Moore was named the tournament’s MVP. What’s next? The Blazing Trojans brace for a rematch with Rich South tonight at M’Cann Gym, then play in the Bob Hamric Memorial Tournament Saturday and Sunday at T.F. North.
2. Andrew (9-0): The T-Bolts’ nine-game win streak wouldn’t have been possible without the contributions of Mike Bobek, Jarvis Franklin and Glorind Lisha. All had a hand in Andrew’s 45-44 victory over Milwaukee South in the Kankakee Holiday Tournament. Next up is tonight’s game vs. Lincoln-Way North.
3. Homewood-Flossmoor (9-4): Tim Williams, Delvon Rencher and the Vikings have been impressive at times, so-so on other occasions. Can they dial it up vs. Bolingbrook at home tonight?
4. Marist (13-4): Lexus Williams scored 18 points in a 54-52 victory over Belleville West in the third-place game at the Centralia Holiday Tournament. Nic Weishar added 16 points and 12 rebounds.
5. Providence (10-4): Seven wins in nine games? You bet. Kevin Kozan, Brian Oddo and Mike Marietti have been the catalysts for the Celtics during a recent surge. Next up is tonight’s matchup vs. St. Francis de Sales. Read more about Kozan's success on the court: Providence's Kozan Running Light Years Ahead of the Boys Basketball Galaxy
Next best in alphabetical order: Brother Rice, Lincoln-Way East, Marian Catholic, Sandburg, Stagg.
(Covering the following Patch communities: Chicago Heights, Evergreen Park, Frankfort, Homewood-Flossmoor, Mokena, New Lenox, Oak Forest, Oak Lawn, Orland Park, Palos, Tinley Park and the neighboring private schools that draw students from those communities).