- UPDATED (11:56 p.m. Wednesday, May 23)
- UPDATED (11:47 p.m. Friday, May 25)
- UPDATED (11:55 p.m. Saturday, May 26)
- UPDATED (10:07 p.m. Tuesday, May 29)
- UPDATED (11:16 p.m. Friday, June 1)
It's postseason time for high school sports, and we want to keep you updated on the progress of our local student-athletes. With such a rich history of sporting success at Lincoln-Way East and North, here's a quick and easy way to track the teams.
You can also help us by sharing photos from games and meets, and also updating scores in the comments section below. Follow a certain team? You can also post photos and updates to our Local Voices section.
East: Megan McGregor lost in the singles third round. Nadine Kahl and Caitlin Duffner lost in the doubles second round.
- East: Lost to Providence Catholic, 10-2, in the Class 4A regional championship at Providence. East was a No. 8 seed.
- North: Lost to Marist, 5-1, in the Class 4A sectional championship at Andrew. North was a No. 2 seed.
The Lincoln-Way co-op team placed second in state, and senior Ajani Cargel swept the individual events, winning a record six gold medals.
- East: Lost to Sandburg, 2-0, in the Class 3A regional championship. East was a No. 8 seed.
- North: Lost to Normal University, 1-0, in four overtimes in the Class 2A super-sectional in Normal.
- East: Lost to Marist, 6-4, in Class 4A regional championship at Reavis.
- North: Lost to Homewood-Flossmoor, 8-6, at H-F in Class 4A regional semifinals.
- East: Junior Ty Scaletta and senior Dan Cesario lost in the first round of the consolation bracket in doubles in the state finals. Sophomore Tom Emola and senior Steve Adamitus made it as far as the second round of the consolation bracket in the state finals.
- North: Sophomore Steve Hill made it as far as the third round of the consolation bracket in singles in the state finals.
Track & Field (Boys)
- East: Did not place in the Class 3A sectional at Homewood-Flossmoor. Senior Tom Rotondi won the 1600-meter run with a time of 4:22.04.
- North: Placed eighth in the Class 3A sectional at Homewood-Flossmoor. Sophomore Julian Hylton placed second in the 100-meter (10.86) and 200-meter dashes (21.97). Hylton's sister, Kayla, an eighth-grader at Summit Hill Junior High School, placed first in the same events at the state final for elementary schools.
Track & Field (Girls)
- East: Placed fourth in the Class 3A state meet. Read about how individual performers on the team did.
- North: One Class 3A state qualifiers: Kylie Tulloch (shot put).
- East: Lost to Brother Rice (25-17, 21-25, 25-17) in the sectional championship at home. East was a No. 2 seed.
- North: Lost to Brother Rice (18-25, 25-20, 19-25) in the sectional semifinals at East. North was a No. 1 seed.
Water Polo (Boys)
- East: Lost to Homewood-Flossmoor, 11-9, in the sectional quarterfinals.
- North: Lost to Bradley-Bourbonnais, 15-13, in the sectional quarterfinals.
Water Polo (Girls)
- East: Lost to North, 9-3, in the sectional quarterfinals.
- West: Lost to Homewood-Flossmoor, 8-2, in the sectional semifinals.
Want more sports news? Check out our Sports section.
Sign Up for Patch Newsletters to Have High School Sports Headlines Delivered to Your Inbox:
"Like" Patch Facebook pages to stay connected throughout the day: