PHOTOS: Mariano's First Day in Business
Residents didn't let the snowy weather dampen their enthusiasm for Frankfort's new upscale grocery store on opening day.
As the wind and snow blew Tuesday and Frankfort schools closed down, the doors to Mariano’s Fresh Market remained open for the store’s first day in business.
Frankfort residents didn’t let the inclement weather stop them from visiting the 74,000-square-foot upscale grocery store off La Grange Road.
Chairman and CEO Bob Mariano stood at the front door, greeting customers as they arrived. Inside the store, samples of various products were available.
According to Mariano’s representatives, the latest addition to Frankfort’s business community features a wide range of in-store amenities, including:
- Todd’s BBQ stand with smoked meats and barbeque sides.
- A trail mix bar, where customers can create their own snack.
- A smoothie bar that offers fruit and vegetable drinks.
- A complimentary grill station in the meat department, where costumers can have their cuts cooked, in-store.
- Hot foods, such as sandwiches, pizzas, soups and salad.
- A coffee and gelato bar.
- A sushi bar with an on-site chef.
- An international foods section with 3,000 items from 12 countries.
- A walk-in beer cooler.
- A luxury wine wall with 1,000 wines.
- An artisanal cheese shop,
- A full-service pharmacy.
- A dietitian who provides consultations, classes, screenings and product demonstrations.
Mariano’s is located at 21001 S. La Grange Road. Store hours are from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. To learn more, contact the store at 815-464-3562.
Read Our Recent Coverage of Mariano's in Frankfort:
- Mariano's Opens in Frankfort
- POLL: Will You Shop at Mariano's?
- Road Construction Related to Mariano's Will Continue Through Summer
- Mariano's and Alsip are Hiring
- Open Date Set for Mariano's, Residents Concerned About Store
Get news alerts and Facebook updates from these Lincoln-Way Patch sites: