1. Marist (18-0): Asianna Bey and Claire Ryan came up big in the second half of the RedHawks’ thrilling 58-53 come-from-behind victory over rival Mother McAuley. Marist plays host to St. Viator at 2:30 p.m. Saturday.
2. Lincoln-Way East (13-0): Taylor Johnson scored 14 points and the Griffins’ defense was too tough for district rival Lincoln-Way Central in East’s 45-9 victory in New Lenox. Next for the Griffins is tonight’s game at Lockport.
3. Homewood-Flossmoor (12-6): Charnelle Reed made six 3-pointers and scored 25 points in a 90-61 loss to Bolingbrook. The Vikings will look to rebound vs. Lincoln-Way Central tonight.
4. Rich Central (16-4): Double digits in scoring and rebounding. Chaz Duson and Jessica Warren continue to pose double-trouble for most Olympian opponents. Neighborhood bragging rights on the line vs. Bloom tonight.
5. Andrew (10-5): Megan McHale scored 15 points in the T-Bolts’ 62-39 victory over Thornridge. It was the first of four games in a three-day span for Andrew. Next up is tonight’s matchup vs. Thornwood.
Next best in alphabetical order: Lincoln-Way North, Marian Catholic, Mother McAuley, Oak Forest, Providence Catholic.
(Covering the following Patch communities: Chicago Heights, Evergreen Park, Frankfort, Homewood-Flossmoor, Mokena, New Lenox, Oak Forest, Oak Lawn, Orland Park, Palos, Tinley Park and the neighboring private schools that draw students from those communities.)
YOUR TURN: Can L-W East go undefeated this season? Should L-W North still be in the top 5? Tell us in the comments section.