The Village of Frankfort celebrated Independence Day with family fun and fireworks at Main Park on July 4. The Frankfort Park District, along with the Frankfort Area Jaycees, provided games, face painting, a dunk tank and inflatable bounce houses for the kids to enjoy before the big event. The band, Cover Story, entertained the crowd with recent hits. Food and drinks were available, from pizza to popcorn and even lemon shake-ups.
The fireworks display, put on by Melrose Pyrotechnics, began at dusk and ended with a traditional grand finale. Patch was there to catch the excited reactions before and after the show. Check out the photo gallery for pictures from the event and post your own.
Other Frankfort Patch Fourth of July Coverage:
- VIDEO: Check Out the Pyrotechnics Shows From Prestwick Country Club
- Fireworks Expert Reveals Secrets to a Good Fourth of July Show
- Photo Contest: Stars, Stripes and Smiles of the South Suburbs
What's Your Favorite Frankfort Business? Nominate it in Patch's Readers' Choice Awards:
- Breakfast: Which Place Is Your Favorite for the First Meal of the Day?
- Workout Facility: Where's the Best Place to Stay in Shape?
- Chinese Food: Who Serves the Best in Frankfort?
- Car Dealers: Who Do You Trust to Give You a Good Deal?
Two Ways to Stay Connected to Frankfort Patch:
- Subscribe to our newsletters to have headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- "Like" our Facebook page for updates throughout the day.