Frankfort Park District Board Needs New Commissioner
A recent resignation on the board has the district looking to appoint a new commissioner. Interested? Find out how you can apply.
The Frankfort Park District Board needs a new commissioner after the resignation of one of its members.
Angela David, who has served on the board since 2009, stepped down from her post recently, because of other increased obligations, according to a park board press release.
The board now will fill that opening by appointment. The term, which usually runs four years, will last until next year's April election.
Want to join the board? Send a cover letter and résumé to Tom Carstens, the parks district executive director, at the district's offices at Founders Center or by email at email@example.com. The letter should include why your interested in being a commissioner and what interests you have in the district.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, Aug. 22. Call (815) 469-9400 for more information.
Pick the Best of the Best in Frankfort With Our Readers' Choice Awards:
- Where's the Best Place for a First Date?
- Where's the Coolest Place to Take a Dip in the Southland?
- Where's Your Favorite Place to Ride a Bike in the Southland
- Check Out Our List of All 25 Readers' Choice Awards Categories
Two Ways to Stay Connected to Frankfort Patch:
- Subscribe to our newsletters to have headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- "Like" our Facebook page for updates throughout the day.