Dietrich Enns, a graduate of Lincoln-Way East High School, was drafted by the New York Yankees in this month's Major League Baseball draft. Enns, a junior at Central Michigan University, was picked in the 19th round, 607th overall. The left-handed pitcher had a 4-2 record this season with a 2.34 ERA as starter and a reliever. Enns now needs to decide whether to sign with the Yankees or return to CMU for his senior year of eligibility and enter the 2013 draft, with the possibility of being selected higher, according to Central Michigan Life.
Other people featured in Frankfort Faces:
- Greg Zibricky Writes Financial Guide for Parents With Autistic Children
- Tuck Marshall Throws Hat Into State Senate Ring
- Elsie the Gas City Cow Finds a New Home
- Susan Krautstrunk, Bridget Nolan Join Summit Hill School District
- James Garner Picks Up Save for Youth Baseball Team
- Michelle Papandrea Meets Snooki of 'Jersey Shore'
Two Ways to Stay Connected to Frankfort Patch:
- Subscribe to our newsletters to have headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- "Like" our Facebook page for updates throughout the day.