Navigating your way through the vendors and people to find that perfect handmade item during Frankfort Fall Festival is a worthy accomplishment.
But navigating your way through the traffic and blocked off areas to find a parking space is an activity that should be elevated to Olympic-sport status.
That's why Patch is giving readers a head start—and more importantly, a map and a schedule—when it comes to knowing where you can park and drive before and during the festival.
BEFORE THE FESTIVAL
NOTE: Streets with restricted parking before and during the festival are marked in red on the map.
No parking signs will be posted from 4 p.m. to 1 a.m. Wednesday through Friday along the following streets:
- Both sides of White Street, from Kansas to Elwood streets
- North side of Kansas Street, from White to Oak streets
- Oak Street, from Kansas to Elwood streets
From 4 p.m. Friday until the end of the fest, vehicles will not be able to park on Ash, Oak and Hickory streets, from Kansas to Nebraska streets; and on North Kansas Street.
DURING THE FESTIVAL
Restricted parking downtown area will include the following areas:
- Kansas Street
- Hickory Street
- Elwood Street
- Nebraska Street, from Linden Drive to Elsner Road
- Center Road
- White Street
- Sauk Trail
- Old Frankfort Way
- East and West Bowen streets
- Carpenter Street
- Smith Street
Restriction times vary, although most run from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Parking is available in these areas:
- Grassy lot at the intersection of LaGrange Road and Nebraska Street. A $10 donation goes to Frankfort Boy Scout Troop #270.
- Peace Community Church paved lot. A $10 donation goes to Frankfort Boy Scout Troop #270.
Handicap parking is available at the Trolley Barn lot. A $10 donation goes to the Frankfort Dog Park Organization.
SHUTTLE BUS SERVICE
Shuttle bus service from the paid parking lots runs from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, and from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday. The service picks up and drops off at the front of the Trolley Barn.
Getting into the downtown area will be limited from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday through Monday at the following intersections:
- Nebraska Street and LaGrange Road
- Old Frankfort Way and LaGrange Road
- White Street and LaGrange Road
Vehicles must have a valid Frankfort village sticker to enter at Old Frankfort Way during this time, although vehicles will be allowed to go to the businesses on that roadway.
The Old Plank Road Trail will be closed between Oak Street and White Street, and pedestrians will need to take a detour to get back on the trail.
DURING THE PARADE
Entry to the downtown area will be closed for the Fall Fest parade from 12:45 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
Other Fall Festival Stories on Patch:
- Longtime Resident Gives Her Tips on How to Enjoy Fall Fest
- Frankfort Couple Named Grand Marshals for Fall Fest Parade
- Fall Fest Earns Top 10 Ranking Among National Arts and Crafts Shows
- VIDEO: 'Art Will Always Be a Part of My Life,' Says Fall Fest Poster Winner
- Fall Fest: Has the Weekend Become Too Crowded?
- Fall Festival Unveils 2012 Theme: Carnivale (VIDEO)
Two Ways to Stay Connected to Frankfort Patch:
- Subscribe to our newsletters to have headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- "Like" our Facebook page for updates throughout the day.